Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Eve

Kate was very excited to give Doug this tile she made for him at school -- go ISU!
YEAH!!! New jersey's -- look at these tough guys!

Dressed and ready for Christmas Eve Church




We have a crazy tradition that I am trying to change (: of going to Perkins for pancakes after Christmas Eve church. The kids LOVE it!!! and I guess that it does take care of the meal planning for me for the evening. We were blessed with an amazing service at church, getting us so excited to celebrate the birth of Christ! After pancakes I love to drive around and look at Christmas lights before going home to open our family gifts. Since we had NO snow around the Des Moines area this year, the lights just did not have that special twinkle and beauty as in years past. Not that I am complaining about our sunny 45-50 degree days, but I did realize another purpose for the white stuff...it definitely adds to the magic of Christmas and the lights! We were all very happy with our presents from each other (I am really loving my electric blanket each and every night I get to climb into a warm toasty bed!) and I LOVE my new "love" necklace that Doug and the kids got for me -- feeling very blessed and loved this Christmas!

No comments: