Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pender Q125 Celebration


Cairney West conquers the Pender Fun Run 5K and 1 Mile Race

*Brian, Nick and Zach drove up from Omaha that Saturday morning to run the 5K and 1M race with all of us......they all did great and grabbed some medals while they were at it. It was very fun to have them experience a little bit of Pender with us. This was Zach, and Ben's first official race. I think they are hooked on the "running train" now too (-: Way to go guys and thanks again for driving up!


Ben and Kate enjoy visiting Papa Suhr down at the Grasshopper shop while he is working. Here they are trying out a few of his mowers!


Ben, Papa Suhr, Kate and Nanny Suhr all dressed up in our centennial outfits for night on Main Street celebrating "Old Town Pender"

The 2 cool guys....I just love their hats!


Ben, Kate and Nanny Suhr
We were so very blessed with some free time away from work and activities and spent the last week of June in my home town of Pender, Nebraska. The town was celebrating it's Q125 and alumni reunion. There was so much going on! The highlight for me was that we were able to wear the centennial dresses that my mom had made for my sisters and I 25 years ago for the 100th celebration. Is that awesome or what?? Kate and I were teasing each other that ours were a little "tight" but we made it work.....and it was so fun. Ben was able to wear some of my cousins vests and hats, so him and Papa looked right at home as well - completely dressed for the occasion. My dad has been growing this beard since last Fall and he looked great! It was definitely one of the longest ones in town. The kids and I enjoyed riding our bikes everywhere, going for walks, jumping on the trampoline, playing bingo, baseball, swimming at the pool, pancakes at Popo's, catching up with old friends, and most importantly, tons of quality family time. Going back to Pender is so very special to me, knowing that my kids are getting to enjoy and love all of the same things that I did as a child, for all the same reasons.....the simplicity, genuineness, and freedom of small town life. I have so many fond memories of growing up in Pender, and LOVE that Kate and Ben are making more of those too, each and every time that we go home for a visit! Thanks Mom and Dad for such an awesome week.....we had a blast and we love you both!



No comments: