Saturday, June 30, 2012

Relay for LIFE

 Amy, Me, Tammy (our hero) and her husband Tim
 Uncle Roger's luminary...we miss him so much!
I had the EXTREME privilege this afternoon to walk with my friend Tammy and celebrate her amazing journey of beating cancer. I have known Tammy for decades (thanks to her being one of my dear cousin Becky's best friends). Today for about 8 hours, we walked in honor of her and many others to benefit the cancer society.  My day was doubly blessed because I was able to spend many of my laps with my Aunt Sharolyn.  We spent many hours with laughter, shedding tears and catching up on the happenings in life.  She knows first hand how hard it is to lose some one, as we lost Uncle Roger to cancer.  With sadness lingering, mixed with laughter in the air, it was such a great day.  VERY HOT but still a great day (-; and tonight as I sit here with my feet feeling achy, skin a bit sunburned I can hold tightly onto the thought knowing many people that we hold near and dear in our hearts have suffered so much and some still do.  As I was walking out tonight this song was playing....."It's a long, long road, the relay for a friend....a long, long road, the relay for hope...it's a long, long road, the relay for LIFE.  Feeling so thankful for the gift of LIFE.....May God bless you all!

No comments: