Monday, August 17, 2009

Visiting the Velarde's


Me, Becky and Josiah ( the comedian of the group)

Ben (his serious face). Where does he get this furrowed brow?? I am quite sure that it has to be Doug.

All the kiddo's at the park

Miss Olivia

Last week the kids and I were able to go up to Lonsdale, MN to visit the Velarde family. We had the greatest time!!! I am not sure who had more fun....the kids getting to all play together, or Becky and I having some quality time together to chat and reconnect. It had been TOO LONG!!! I also thoroughly enjoyed being able to help out with Miss Olivia. I cannot believe that she is almost 6 months old already - YIKES!!! And she is truly a gift from God. She is the sweetest, funniest, most charming baby that I have been around in a long time. And did I say patient? She let me feed her carrots and some cereal and I am really rusty in the talent of spoon feeding infants. It's amazing how fast you lose those skills. Don't get me wrong, all of the Velarde children are adorable, but i felt that her and I spent the most time together. When I asked Kate and Ben what their favorite moments were, they said...."holding and feeding Olivia, playing baseball with Lucas and Isaiah, riding our bikes to the park, playing the Wii, and Becky's YUMMY chocolate zuchinni cake!" It was delicious!
Thanks again for everything Becky and Anibal, I should have gone to the meat locker before we left because I think that I am going to have a hard time describing to others how delicious those wild rice & blueberry brats were. YUMMO!!!! We love you guys and are sending prayers for more sleep at your house!!!

No comments: