Thursday, September 16, 2010

A weekend with Papa and Nanny Suhr


Nanny, Ben, Kate and Papa on the log ride. Everyone loved the water rides that afternoon. Papa and I managed to get completely soaked on the "Raging River" but poor Nanny took most of the splash on this one!


Kate really enjoyed the bumper cars this year because she could finally reach the gas and drive by herself!


Nanny & Kate -- Even though the breeze appears a bit "strong" on top of the Ferris Wheel, we could not have asked for a more beautiful day. This was our 2nd ride of the day, and we managed to repeat our tradition of making it back for the very last ride of the day at night also. It is such a gorgeous view on top at night with the sunset, the lights of the park and the city. A perfect ending to a wonderful day!


I managed to make it on stage for part of the magic show that afternoon - I guess I was hoping that he could really turn my $20 into a $100 (-: The kids thought it was pretty cool that their Mom was on stage.....Ben told me that "I was so proud of you Mom!" ( very funny)



Here we are, braving the umbrella's.....just add it to the list of rides that Ben and Kate loved! Especially Ben that day, the more something spun him around in circles and the faster it went he was thrilled! He also loved the tilt-a-whirl........he was giggling so hard and kept calling them the "spinning eggs " -- too cute!
Last weekend my parents came over for a visit and we had the best time. We were excited to have them here AND that they wanted to go to Adventureland with us. We had been waiting for the perfect day all summer and Saturday was it! It was a beautiful day and the park was very quiet. SO, you know what that meant for us.......no waiting in lines all day! It was great! Ben had soccer practice that morning, then we headed out after lunch and closed the place down at 8pm. Kate was battling quite a cough and stuffy nose that day, but she really hung in there. This was not the year that she wanted to ride the roller coasters with me. She stuck with her usual favorites and had a great time. My Dad rode the Tornado and the Dragon with me, then somehow, I got on the "Side Winder" with him - that thing was completely insane! I am not for sure if I will ride that again......but I survived. If you are all wondering where Mr. Cairney was, he is not a huge fan of rides, and he enjoyed the day with some friends watching football!




No comments: