Tuesday, October 5, 2010

California Wedding


My dad, sisters (Wendi and Nicki) and I


I guess that we thought that we needed another photo of just "the girls"

Mr. and Mrs. Nate Blessen


Nicki, Wendi, and Mom enjoying a wine tasting in El Dorado County

On our way out to Alcatraz Island
A few weeks ago, I headed out to Sacramento, CA with my sisters, my grandmother and my parents for a family wedding. My cousin Tina was getting married and we found this to be the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time together, see the sights of Sacramento, San Fransisco, and enjoy one of the most beautiful wedding celebrations that I have ever been a part of. Our flights left Omaha without any delay and we arrived in Sacramento to a gorgeous sunny day - temps in the 80's-90's all week/weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect!!! Thursday we spent the day in San Fransisco (amazingly we survived the drive down to the city/around the city and back to Sacramento with me chauffering the entire week - WOW, am I glad that the traffic around here is not like the West Coast - YIKES!) Let's just say that I thank-God that I can now chalk that up to yet another life experience...and a special thanks goes out to Wendi (my navigator - all week/weekend) and also to Nicki for giving it a try (-: better luck next time ( I will give you a second chance! )
While in San Fransisco we spent alot of time down at Fisherman's Wharf, Alcatraz Island, the Golden Gate Bridge, and of course, enjoying delicious seafood -- YUMMO!!!
Friday we visited the wine country in El Dorado County, enjoyed the amazing weather, and a delicious pre-wedding dinner at the Blessen home. Saturday, we spent some time in downtown Sacramento and in the afternoon it was the wedding at the Old Sugar Mill Winery - and it was absolutely breath taking. Not only were the bride and groom stunning, but everything about the evening was perfect! We all had such a fun time.........
Of course, Sunday morning came too fast, after celebrating until 1 or so in the morning. BUT, we all made it to the airport without delays, had smoothe flights home, and made so many wonderful memories! The only regret, was that I did not take enough photos. Especially with my dear Grandma. She did so great all week/weekend and I can only pray that I am doing as well as she is at 82 years of age. I feel so very blessed that we had this time/trip together.
Thank-you Nate and Tina for inviting all of us to celebrate your wedding with you!


No comments: