Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving - 2010



This weekend we were able to head back to Nebraska on Thursday morning and spent the day at my Grandma's house in West Point. This was such a special time, and I am super bummed because I did not get my camera out in time to catch any photos....Kate and Ben helped her decorate her tree (they had such a fun time doing that), my Mom, Aunt Karen and I helped her get all of her holiday decor in place and the guys did the outside details.....her little house looked great and she was tickled pink!! We had a wondeful meal and I even debuted my very first pecan pie.....a little brown, but everyone loved it! So many wonderful memories made that afternoon......then that night we headed to Pender and the rest of the clan arrived. The kids were so excited to see the Stoltenberg's and Aunt Wendi they could hardly stand it! There is just nothing like fun times with cousins and Kate and Ben are so blessed to have them on both sides of the family. Nicki, Mom and I headed to Sioux City on Friday morning to do some shopping -- we had such a fun time! The rest of the weekend went way too fast but was spent playing games, enjoying the gorgeous weather outside playing football, basketball, jumping on the trampoline, going for walks, playing games, cards, and snuggling up for some TV time. Thanks Mom and Dad for hosting us all this weekend. What a perfect example of how blessed we are, not only on this holiday, but each and every day of the year!!!!
Kate, Ben, Jon and Doug playing the "horse race" game.
Ben, Kate & Aunt Nicki enjoying some TV time snuggling in Papa and Nanny's room.




No comments: