Friday, December 10, 2010

A weekend of "first's"


On Sunday evening, I had the extreme pleasure of accompanying Miss Kate to her very first Broadway theatre show. Mary Poppins was in town and I do not know who was more excited to see it.....her or I??? The show was fabulous!!! I spent a lot of time just watching Kate's expressions, eyes, and smiles just twinkle as they changed the set, the costumes, etc.,.. she thought that it was "so cool!" I would describe it as magical...."practically perfect" in every way (to quote Mary herself!!) We decided to make an evening of it and have dinner downtown also. Kate chose Spaghetti Works....she loves the salad bar there, the bowtie pasta, and to top the evening off, our server treated her to a very "belated" birthday ice cream sundae! For those of you that know our Sissy well, you know that she was loving this ( -:
As the show ended we walked to the car hand in hand, tapping our feet, humming "just a spoon full of sugar" and were smiling ear to ear. What a fun night it was, one that I know I will always cherish and think that Kate will also --I love you sissy, and hope that you will come to enjoy and love the fine arts, theater, and musicals just as much as Mommy does!!
Puzzles are a little tradition that this Cairney family always enjoys. We broke out our first one on Friday night, can't wait to see how it turns out! Kate and Daddy are getting started on the edges.
We also got our tree last weekend. Kate and Ben were very helpful with the decorations and watering the tree all weekend. We chose a Frasier Fir.....I just love the coziness of how the house looks this time of year.





1 comment:

Paulson 5 said...

Keri,
What an awesome mother/daughter date you had! I bet you enjoyed every second. Kate sure is blessed to have such a wonderful Mom that loves her and wants to spend time with her. What a great tradition you started. Lots of blessings coming your way...Stephanie