Sunday, May 9, 2010

Kate


Kate - celebrating her 1/2 birthday on April 11th, making her officially 8 1/2~ - of course she is enjoying her chosen dessert, cheesecake!

Kate - posing as a clown fish with class mate Bella, after their "Go Fish" production at school. The kids did a fabulous job and she was very excited for the performance!


Another tooth, bites the dust..........and the tooth fairy letter was priceless.....one to be kept for many years to come....

Good buddy Max Wilson on his First Communion last weekend - they are too cute!
Well, what kind of Mother did I think I was, devoting an entire blog entry to the "Little Brother" and not only that, but spending an entire day with just him also! (-: Of course, big sister Kate, even though she read the entry, appeared to enjoy the pictures and stories of the day, was a bit envious, naturally........So, I have promised her that her and I will have a day devoted just to the "girls" very soon, I thought that I would get you all caught up on the latest happenings in the life of the younger Cairney female in this house! Miss Kate has been very busy the last few months. In second grade, she wrapped up yet another year of chess club a few weeks ago. She just asked me tonight if she could play again next year, so I would say that it's safe to say she enjoys her Friday morning matches before school.
I think that she would most definitely agree that the excitement recently has been focused on the preparation of their musical "Go Fish". She was cast as a clown fish, had a few wonderful lines to memorize, and was so very excited about all of the great songs that they shared and fun actions to perform! I was very proud of how she did and how calm she was about performing in front of all those people - way to go KATE!!!
Her Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings have been occupied with soccer practice and games. She seems to be really enjoying her season, and has been very excited when the goals have gone her way. A few weeks ago, we were blessed to have my parents come and visit for the weekend ( we had a wonderful time with them here) and they saw Kate play her best game yet! The hustling and footwork was quite impressive I must say.....we don't know where that girl came from (-: ??? It was so fun to watch her and the rest of the team!
She has had 2 teeth getting wiggly on the bottom for some time now and last Sunday, she approached me to "pull another one" out for her. How I was given the official title as "Tooth puller" at this house I will never know?? However, I do know that Doug would like a shot sometime.....guess that he better hold out for the little guy! I must admit, and give Kate much deserved praise --- this was the first time that she did not shed a tear and was very brave for the event. I mean, it was her idea, and I warned her that it may hurt, so you would think that is how it should go, BUT, for those of you that know and love our sissy at this house.....not usually the case where the emotions come into play. She left an adorable letter for the tooth fairy, requesting a new Nintendo DSI or any cool toy, or last but least....any extra $$$ would be fine also....She awoke to some $$$ and seemed thrilled with the treasure!
Last weekend her good buddy Max Wilson received his First Communion and we were all able to celebrate this special event with him. These two kiddo's have been an absolute joy to watch grow up together and I can't wait to continue to see the life events unfold before our eyes for both of them. We love you Max, thanks for sharing this special time with us -- God Bless you!
Miss Kate is growing up more and more, right before my eyes (which look just like hers if you have not noticed), at least that is what people tell us.....8 more years and she will be driving - YIKES!!!! A few more after that.... proms, graduation, etc.,..which is why at times like this, I sit and reflect just how fast time zips by us.......it seems like only yesterday that we were bringing this little 5.7# pink bundle home from the hospital and feeling like we had not a clue of what to do with her! I often have that same feeling when her and I are not at all on the same page about situations here at home, disagreements that we are having, or just plain not getting along at all in a particular moment......BUT, as I take my slow deep breaths, ask God for patience, calmness and grace for her, I try and cherish each of those little moments, look to them as perfect teaching opportunities and go with it. I have learned to try and ask her more about what she is feeling and why instead of always thinking that I "know it all" just because I am the MOM........it is in these instances that we all realize that Sis is a sensitive young woman, with a strong opinion,who is changing each and every day - right before our eyes...and I just need to stop a moment, take a look, and show her how much I love and appreciate her for who she is, not for who I want her to be!!!
I love you Kate, and everything that you bring to my life! Can't wait to have our "girl day" together!!!
XOXOX - Mom


No comments: