Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


The beautiful flowers that Doug and the kids gave me

The two crazy kiddo's that I am so proud to be known as "MOM" to


See, there are days where they do seem to enjoy one another (-:



Here is a photo of how my Mother's Day began. Well, I digress for one quick story....Miss Kate was so very excited to give me her gift that yesterday am, around 0615, she darted down the hall into our room, paper bag crinkling & only to hear Doug ask her, "Kate what are you doing??? It's not until tomorrow..." Back to her room she went....which is so Kate for those of you that know and love her as much as we do! SO, this morning at 0715, she ran into my room again, jumped into bed with me, proclaimed, "Happy Mother's Day" Mom and quickly showed me what she had created in school. Such a clever little gift "Breakfast in Bed in a Bag" filled with a delicious cherry cereal bar and a tea bag! I loved it!!! We ran downstairs to show Daddy and Ben and they were waiting for us with the rest of my treasures - a beautiful bouquet of roses and some dark chocolate M&M's........what a perfect start to an amazing day!
Since we had gone to church last night, Kate and I stayed home and played a marathon game of Monopoly (almost 90 minutes) while enjoying tea and M&M's of course, while the boys went back for KQ since Doug had to teach. The rest of the day was spent playing outside, an amazingly long walk for me enjoying the gorgeous day that God gave us, running an errand with Kate and then a yummy dinner! Thanks Doug and kiddo's for making this day and every day so special for me -- it is truly a joy and honor to be the "Mom" of this house, and I owe it all to you!
Ben gave me a beautiful flower that he made from prints of his hands and I will get a picture of that uploaded ASAP!!! - the poem on it is absolutely priceless....he brought it home on Thursday and wanted me to open it right then. It is these little things that just really tug at my heart strings.....these little treasures! - thanks so much buddy!
A special thanks goes out to my Mom, Grandma and my mother-in-law.....without all of your love, motherly guidance and wisdom, I would be lost some days. Thank you all for your love and support and for being such amazing rolemodels for me!!! I love you......

1 comment:

Paulson 5 said...

Keri,
Happy Mother's Day to you. I absolutely love the heart you put into the blog. You have got to stop making me cry...you have such a wonderful way with words. Enjoy those darlings and the last couple of weeks of school. Love-Steph