Thursday, February 17, 2011

Daddy Daughter Dance

This past weekend was the Daddy/Daughter dance at church. Now, those of you that know Doug, also know that he has a very big passion for dancing in public! A few weekends ago Kate had noticed the notes about it in the bulletin and asked if I thought he would want to go. My first thought was, "Of course he does NOT", but I encouraged her to ask him, and I crossed my fingers for her......So after church she asked him and he said "YES". What a guy, and she was so very excited!
One night last week, I even came home after work and found them practicing their dance moves in the kitchen -- too cute!! Friday night rolled around and the excitement was still pretty high around here. I helped them with their flowers, took a few pictures and then off they went on their special evening of dinner & dancing....and most importantly, time alone for Kate and Daddy...it just does not get any better than that!

Here they are showing off their moves!


Of course, the evening ended a bit like this from what it seems in the photo. After some pretty intense dancing by both of them (at least this is what they were telling me, "Mom, we were dancing for a long time, doing line dances, YMCA, everything!! It was so fun!! But then that little spot on my foot started hurting so we took a cookie & drink break)...and after the break, they decided to call it a night. Too cute! If Doug is not careful, this may become a favorite tradition of hers (-: But mostly, I just love the thought that they spent the evening celebrating together, just the two of them.
We had a fun Valentine's weekend here also.....lots of hugs, kisses, decorated cookies, and even a date Sunday afternoon for Doug and I (we went on a long bike ride down through Water Works Park, Gray's Lake and into downtown Des Moines). A perfect day!!
XOXOXOXO -- to you all!!!

No comments: